Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Project Life 2014, Week 10

I'm embarking on a new adventure by documenting one week at a time in my Project Life album. My Week 10 began on March 8. Here's how it looks in my album:
Here's the left side:
WHAT'S HAPPENING HERE: The big event this week was our trip to a local zoo for Star Wars Day, so that takes up just about this whole page. Super good time!

TECHNIQUES: I used Another Galaxy, a collaboration between Traci Reed & Julie Billingsley to create this week's spread. It's fun and vaguely Star Wars themed, so I was pleased. 
Nothing super fancy this week. 
Here's the right side:
WHAT'S HAPPENING HERE: I was thrilled to be interviewed on Capturing Magical Memories, so I included the intro graphic here.  We stocked up at Sam's and I took a picture of my cart for posterity, we had dinner with my parents (the nerd glasses on this kid make me laugh), and I took a screen shot of a super sweet text I got from a friend and co-worker. Monica went back to her asthma doctor (good report!), and I spent 3 days doing kindergarten registration at work.
On Friday, I received the devastating news that a young and vibrant friend of mine had passed away suddenly while on vacation in the Dominican Republic. Life is so very short and you just never know when your ride is over. Hug your kids and live it up while you can.

TECHNIQUES: I used some Ali Edwards digital brushes and some MAMBI clear stickers to dress up some of the pictures. I also used a filler card and a wood veneer star from a past Studio Calico Project Life Kit. The bottom left card about kindergarten registration is difficult to read in the pictures here but is very clear and clean in person. 

What are you working on this week?

Project Life is a modern day scrapbook system designed by the brilliant Becky Higgins. I've linked to my normal supplies often, so click here to view a previous post with all of the links to my favorite templates and frequently used cards and elements.

2 comments:

  1. Now you are just kissing up! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. No way! You just know how to make a girl feel special! :)

    ReplyDelete